The Administrator site lets you manage your iCore systems and integration flows through a web browser.
Before you begin
- Determine your installation type:
- Site (recommended) – make sure you are authorized to install a site in IIS.
- Application – note the address to the existing site. note
Installing the Administrator as a web application in an existing website, rather than as a new website, may require manual modifications to the installed Web.config file since some of its settings may conflict with those of the Web.config of the website hosting the application. It is therefore recommended to install Administrator as a website rather than an application unless you have the knowledge required to resolve potential conflicts.
- Determine the authentication type you will use to log in to the Administrator.
Log in to the iCore Portal.
Click the Downloads widget.
Select iCore Integration Suite.
Select the version you want to download.
Read the instructions on the web page.
Download the archive containing the installation file(s).note
Downloading the installation files requires that you sign in to your iCore account.
Extract all the files from the downloaded archive into an empty directory.
In the directory that contains the iCore Install files, run Setup.exe.
The iCore Integration Suite Installation wizard opens.
Select Install iCore Administrator.
You can also install the Administrator by running the InstallAdmin.msi file. If you choose this option, we recommend that you use the log switch and log the installation progress to a file. Start installation from a command tool:
C:\InstallFiles\iCIS-4.4.0\Administrator> InstallAdmin.msi -l InstallLog.txt
When you install the Administrator, a template for the Administrator site is created and added to a folder with the version in the name (See Directory structure):
It is possible to install multiple versions of the Administrator side by side and thereby have access to installation templates for different versions. In other words, a machine can host multiple versions of the Administrator site.
Creating the Administrator site
- Recommended: Create the site using a PowerShell script.
- Create the site using PowerShell cmdlets. This is an advanced installation method which can be used for scripting purposes and automated scenarios.
Customization and management tasks
- (Optional): Configure OpenID Connect provider settings.note
This step is required if your Administrator site is using Open ID connect to authenticate users.
- Set up users and permissions.note
No users are included by default.
- (Optional): Customize the site appearance.
- (Optional): Customize entity selection editors.
- (Optional): Manage access to various tools available in the Administrator GUI.
- (Optional): Set up a secure connection between the Administrator and SAS.
- (Optional): Enable auditing on the Administrator site.
- (Optional): Customize the path to the configuration files.